Displaying the best in noise pop, garage pop, shoegaze, psych and any fuzzed out pop that pleases the ear.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Coasting - Various

Not long ago I attended a free gig where Coasting performed as the main act. I made it through the first two acts, but by 12am there were no signs of them performing anytime soon. I bailed. Curse my early wake up calls. I imagine they would have been awesome, though. The duo consists of Fiona, ex-member of now defunct NZ punk outfit The Coolies, and Madison of Brooklyn based Dream Diary.
Their sound reminds me a lot of Vivian Girls' sophomore album, dreamy tunes with some lo-fi grit. Worth checking out.
1. Hots For Teacher
2. Kids
3. Same Old, Same Old
4. Snoozefest
5. What You Want
6. Coasting



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fiona Campbell is Vivian Girls's current (and third) drummer.

Thanks, this is cool.

Anonymous said...

where can I find more from this band?